We all like to relax and in some instances, this involves socialising and enjoying a beer with friends and loved ones. During these times of enjoyment, it is important to ensure that not only ourselves, but those around us, are safe and do not come to harm so that every experience with beer is a positive one.
The hackathon challenges will focus on finding solutions that use data and technology to reduce the harmful use of alcohol and ensure our beers are enjoyed responsibly by all our consumers.
- Participants: Individuals (over 18 years of age); Teams (3 - 5 people p/team)
- Countries: All African countries
- Visit hacktheworld.beer/Johannesburg_2017 for more information..
- 20% for technical execution of the Event Solution.
- 20% for the Event Solution’s desirability i.e. will the end users want to use the solution?
- 20% for the Event Solution’s viability i.e. can the solution work in the current technology infrastructure?
- 20% for the Event Solution’s feasibility i.e. can the solution be implemented at scale?
- 20% for innovation and uniqueness of the Event Solution.
- R20 000 cash for the winning team! (Vodacom)
- iPad Wi-Fi 32GB's (Decision Inc)
- Beer for a Year (Flying Fish)
- Radio Controlled Drone (EOH)
- Sneaker vouchers (Flying Fish)
- JBL T450 Headphones (EOH)
- PowerBanks (SAB Foundation)
Best Data Insights solutions
- Tableau training from Slipstream (5)
- Qlik training from Decision Inc (5)
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
How to enter
Register and learn more at hacktheworld.beer/Johannesburg_2017
Technical execution of the solution (0-20 points) - Use of provided data set and/or hardware as part of solution (0-20 points) - Desirability, Feasibility, Viability (0-20 points) - Innovation and uniqueness of solution (0-20 points)